Mobile apps, once thought to be a luxury for many companies, are now crucial to maintaining relevance within a market. It’s no secret that mobile use is on the rise for consumers and businesses. According to Small Business Trends, just three short years ago, a small business saw 10 percent of total traffic from a digital source, but in 2016, that percentage rose exponentially. If you are a business owner, and you aren’t using mobile technology to grow your business, then you’d better start thinking about it. Your competition may already be in the game. It is essential to utilize mobile app technology to drive success of any small business and here are five reasons why.
- Increase profits through an additional point of sale. Small businesses can use mobile technology to introduce online ordering, facilitate purchases and reach a larger audience in a way that a physical location cannot. According to Entrepreneur.com, smartphones are a consumer’s first choice to connect to the world. Within a two-month timeframe, retailers raked in $83 billion in revenue from shoppers who never even left their homes. As a small business, harnessing the incredibly powerful digital purchasing space will drastically increase profits and improve your company’s success.
- Access customers in an easy and convenient way. Mobile apps are the simplest way to create a connection between your business and the consumer without being invasive or intrusive. Time is a scarce commodity, so instead of fighting for your customers’ attention, focus on communicating with them where they already spend their minutes; which means digitally. Adults spend more than two hours per day on their smartphones, with 86 percent of this time used by apps. Mobile apps are a way to continually build and maintain a relationship with your customer in a quick, effective and constant two-way communication channel.
- Intelligently engage loyal customers with push notifications. The nature of advertising has changed dramatically since technology has developed into a key component of business. Mobile apps not only create brand recognition and loyalty, but offer advertising advantages as well. The “roadside billboard” of the past is now a mobile app that cuts out the noise of media by targeting the consumer directly; decreasing a business’ long-term costs and increasing profits.
- Achieve greater customer loyalty. Mobile apps increase customer loyalty through ease of access, reach and sharing of information. Customers know how to connect to a business and are more likely to be engaged, ask questions and return for repeat visits. Customer loyalty is increased through a sense of community and mobile apps add to a sense of belonging.
- Deliver rewards and incentives to customers. Mobile apps allow small business to reward their loyal customers quickly and easily through the implementation of special offers and reward programs. Starbucks is a great example of how effective and profitable loyalty programs can be when part of a company’s business strategy. The My Starbucks Rewards loyalty program has a total of 10.4 million active members; 28 percent higher than a year ago. The shoppers within that user group account for approximately 30 percent of business in North America alone, a significant portion of revenue by any standard. Fortune 500 companies have long utilized digital technology to reach valued customers but mobile technology is no longer limited to large corporations. Small businesses have more opportunities than ever to implement mobile apps to drive sales, marketing, and communication. The investment is minimal and the results from loyalty apps have been shown to be optimal. This year is proving that it’s never been a better year to introduce mobile apps to small business. Companies like Total Loyalty Solutions specialize in helping local business owners cost-effectively build and use their own custom apps and grow a database of users and fans. Both small and large businesses alike must embrace mobile technology as the way to yield greater success in the marketplace.