Successful collaborations can provide value beyond what’s attainable as a single entity. Advertisers need to influence consumers along their path to purchase, and partnerships are a key element to being able to provide best-in-class solutions across all elements of a digital campaign. It’s important to remember that:
- You are better off with friends. It’s possible to sharpen and hone your own capabilities by leveraging your strategic teammates’ assets and tools. It will take multiple collaborators to unite the most cutting-edge data, best technology and comprehensive measurement tools.
- Vetting is an integral and time-consuming process. Any considered third-party should go through a thorough evaluation process to ensure that they bring value to your offering. It’s common in digital media for there to be SO many relationships that you might not even be aware of all of the members of a daisy chain of partnerships.
- If it seems too good to be true…it probably is. When a demand-side platform (DSP) returns a 5 percent click-through rate (CTR) without an uptick in sales, it could signal fraudulent activity. Valassis Digital mitigates the potential for fraud by working with partners like Integral Ad Science to certify viewability and optimize transparency for customers.
- Longevity and a proven track record are meaningful. While we are frequently focused on “the next big thing,” a history of results is more likely to drive long-term value. Many ad technology providers are venture capital funded and hanging on while hoping to make it to the next round of funding. Make sure that your technology vendors all have enough “runway” to continue to service your business.
- New technologies shouldn’t be ignored. History and track record are important, but working with the best of class in new technologies can help your brand capitalize on advances and efficiencies that are newly created. Test new technology collaborators regularly to ensure you are driving value for all of your clients’ campaigns.
Tapping into the synergies created through partnerships will help marketers create optimized campaigns to better reach and engage consumers, providing more value to everyone involved.